Thursday 1 June 2017

Pretty Palettes May Design Challenge

For their challenge this month, Molly selected some lovely succulents for the Pretty Palette inspiration


Succulents from the Greenhouse
The focus is all on the greens in all shades. Of course we need other colours for contrast and I used them well.



The same as last month, I made a necklace that started with an embossed teardrop, this one with a darker green and with gold on the embossing. This time I decided to luxe up the look to the max. 

Meant To Be
The oval beads are jade with freshwater pearls sitting between each gemstone. The pearls are dyed in a colour combination called Treasure Mix. Doesn’t that sound just lovely? To my eye the colours of the pearls pull out the background and the creamy colour on the one plant. I continued the luxe look with 14 Kt gold fill for all the metals

Meant To Be
The necklace needed earrings to go with it so of course I obliged

Looking at the plants again I decided to put the inspiration to work again with memory wire bracelets.

Slide into Green
The larger bracelet has heishi shell, olive jade and aventurine strung on the memory wire from lightest to darkest and back again. I like the effect, it flows so nicely

I liked it so much I decided to make another with more heishi shell pieces, this time with some in the natural white and some dyed a pale pink. After all there’s some light pink peeking out of the bottom right corner of the last photo, right?

Touch of Blush
Everything will be added to my shop this weekend.

Please visit the Halcraft site for the blog reveal to see what everyone else made

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for playing along! I love how different memory wire bracelets can look depending on the size of the beads. Yours are gorgeous! I absolutely love how the golden tones of the pearls look with the cool green of the stones, and your pendant is so pretty.
    I'm working on next month's inspiration! I hope to see you next month, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memory wire bracelets certainly seemed to be a big hit this month doesn't it? I did some quick cruising of the the links and saw a few :-)
      Mona

      Delete
  2. I love the elegant jade set, which would be perfect for a dressy event. But, I especially like your bracelets - so much fun for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry. Those were my thoughts too when I was imagining the different pieces
      Mona

      Delete