Monday 26 June 2017

Honey Do List June Challenge

The inspiration photo that Eric Wentling took for the June challenge is of the sweetest little rose breasted grosbeak imaginable


Photo of Rose Breasted Grosbeak courtesy of Eric Wentling
I adore that little bird and its subtle coloration punctuated by that splash of colour. I wasn’t sure I would be able to do justice to it though, until I came across some lovely lampwork glass beads I had purchased from Raven Sky. A single red ceramic bead from Cindy Pack and some natural white freshwater coin pearls with a crusty surface were added to complete the initial strand of the bracelet I chose to make

Much as I loved that one strand it did not feel complete so I added a second strand with more of the coin pearls and some glass farfalle beads. The beads, aka peanut beads, have a translucent colour called Grey Labrador on one side and a shiny silver colour on the second side. Strung randomly they make an interesting pattern


I finished the bracelet with sterling silver bead caps, wires and toggle clasp. To help balance how the bracelet sits a single pearl dangles from the toggle side of the clasp

Flight Song

I hope you enjoyed seeing my creation. It is available in my shop

Do go to the reveal and see what everyone else made. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning bracelet you came up with! I love it! The second strand really does make the difference... it adds some heft and extra interest to the design. That little pop of red is delicious! Thanks for playing along with us this month. Check back on July 1st to see what Eric dreams up for us next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like it Sarajo and also that you feel the same about the second strand
      Mona

      Delete