Monday 23 February 2015

Metal Clay Arts Magazine

Of all the artisans interested in or working with metal clay, I think I was one of the last people to find out what happened to them. To make a long story short, their newsstand distributor went bankrupt and they were out more than 9 months of revenue from individual store / newsstand sales. In addition the Spring 2014 issue had just been sent to the distributor – paid to produce and send, no chance of revenue.

The story goes on and on. You can read about it here.

There are also some volunteer run auctions. One closed on February 8th and the second one will close on February 28th at midnight PST.

Being the skeptical type I finally did some research into the claims and came across the overwhelming support of the metal clay community, mentioned above.

I had purchased some magazine back issues in December and have decided to let that order stand. I’ve been advised they will be delivered, on a delayed basis. (Update Feb 23 7:45 PM. The shipment for my magazine order was received today. Happy Day! These folks are trying really hard and I'm extra happy to support them)

I also have a brand new Stainless Steel Pan that I am donating to the auction. I had acquired it last summer in a clear out sale. I didn’t have a kiln yet, was planning ahead. Since that time I’ve decided to go with a mini kiln (yes I still don’t have a kiln).


The pan is 7.5"L x 6.375"W x 4.125"H and holds 2lbs of carbon. Purchased for $19 US. I will donate the shipping price.



No comments:

Post a Comment